Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Biting the Dust...

And so the exodus continues. Now I can't get that song out of my head: "it won't be long 'til another one's gone...". It's as if, now that this whole open source thing has taken on a life of its own, its key contributors are taking on lives of their own. Talk about a revolution...

I, too, recall the glory days of OTI. Yes, I was there for a spell, if even just as a co-op student. Gone are the times when you could get paid to do things like develop a MUD using a real programming language... right Jeff? Ah, the memories.

It's now been just over half a year since Wassim and I left the good ship for green pastures. I say "green" and not "greener", because I don't think the grass is ever greener on the other side - just different. Ed marked the occasion by citing one of my favorite poems. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he blogs about this latest departure.

Wassim and I had an occasion to pen some poetry of our own not too long ago when the Toronto office held a limerick contest at its annual Christmas, er, holiday party. I bet Wassim thinks I'll never know where he came up with so many creative entries... Here's one of the ones I submitted:

There once were two men from Big Blue
Who wondered what next they would do.
Along came a suitor,
Kevork the recruiter,
And now they are working with you!

Suffice it to say that neither Wassim nor I won the contest... I guess we'll have to keep our day jobs.

No comments: